- Daily round in the plant to Process Areas and check Safety Management System, maintain daily round register & keep records.
- Ensure adherence to the Work Permit System, especially the hot jobs, electrical work permits, lock out, tag outs in the plant & help process staff in maintaining safety of the plant.
- Provide training to plant staff & contractors on Safety related topics at a regular frequency. Conduct minimum two training sessions in a month & keep training records.
- Conduct safety inspection, earthing inspection, Hazard identification & Risk assessment, Job Safety Analysis etc.
- To ensure that plant and machinery are run in safe condition
- To ensure that all prescribed safety procedures are followed during the processes involved in respective manufacturing units and allied products.
- Take initiatives and bring continual improvements in safety management system.
- Act as the management representative for applicable OHSAS & EHS systems certifications. Maintain Health & Safety system in line with requirements of OHSAS 18001. Continue certification. Apply for safety award & obtain recognition.
- To have in place and update fire protection, on site emergency drills, disaster management systems at respective locations
- To conduct periodical audit of safety systems and equipments. Ensure completion of actions arising out of internal/external audits.
- To provide training and motivation to employees at all levels for maintaining safety at work place.
- To update knowledge on safety standards processes and legislations from time to time and keep the management fully informed.
- To liaison with the government /local officials on the matters of EHS as necessary & ensure law of the land.
- Investigate each accident, fire, near accident & ensure compliance to recommendations.
- Prepare safety budget and monitor its execution/control of expenses.
- To provide necessary cross-functional support for various improvement initiatives undertaken by the plant.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:Diploma - Any Specialization, B.Tech/B.E. - Environmental, Chemical, B.Sc - Environmental science, Chemistry
Contact Company:ACS Consultants